INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF:
Platform and Security Operations Manager
Based in Midrand at the CoCre8 Head office, the Platform and Security Operations Manager will be responsible for managing and directing the activities of the company’s Platform and Security Operations monitoring centre, ensuring that it operates effectively and efficiently. The manager will work with the team to develop, implement, and maintain monitoring policies, procedures, and tools. The manager will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of the centre, identifying, and resolving issues, and ensuring that the centre meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLAs).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field and/or or equivalent through other qualifications / work experience.
- Successful track record in same or similar positions/s.
- 7+ years of experience in IT monitoring operations, including 5+ years in a supervisory or management role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the design, implementation and management of monitoring policies, procedures and tools.
- Manage and direct the activities of the Platform and Security Operations Centre team, ensuring adherence to monitoring policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ensure that the team provides excellent customer service and technical support.
- Develop, implement, and maintain monitoring policies, procedures, and tools, ensuring that they are consistent with industry best practices and meet regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the performance of the Platform and Security Operations Centre, identifying, and resolving issues before they impact the business.
- Coordinate with other IT teams to resolve complex technical issues.
- Ensure that the Platform and Security Operations Centre meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLAs).
- Conduct regular team meetings to review metrics, goals, and provide coaching and feedback.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, external monitoring vendors and service providers.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure that monitoring changes and upgrades are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and deliver regular training and awareness programs to ensure that employees understand their roles and responsibilities in maintaining the IT monitoring centre.
- Develop and maintain performance metrics to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT monitoring centre operations.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to implement security controls and ensure the timely resolution of security-related issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external security vendors and consultants.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Putting the customer first.
- Drive for results and achieving together.
- Quality focus.
- Service and technical expertise.
- Intimate knowledge of trends, technologies and tools associated with IT Monitoring.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as SolarWinds, Nagios, or Zabbix.
- Knowledge of industry monitoring standards, such as SNMP and Syslog.
- ITIL or other service management certifications preferred.
NB: When applying – please take note of the minimum requirements i.e., Qualifications and number of years’ experience and the specific field.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please submit your CV to Human Resources via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 April 2023.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying. CoCre8 Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
CoCre8 Technology Solutions reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy at any given time.
CoCre8 Technology Solutions are growing rapidly, and we looking for new resources.